Translate

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Week 1: 01/29/2014

Hello, and welcome to my blog! Please feel free to contact me with any comments or feedback.

It has been a challenging month-to-date, but I am looking forward to it heating up as the semester continues and all of my late start classes kick in. Next Monday is D-Day for me, as that is the day when I am officially carrying the weight of a full class load (four of them), the S-STEM program and attached internship/class, my tutoring commitment to the Success Center and the English 101 class that I am attached to, along with my role as a full-time retail manager. My motto this semester is, "Who needs sleep, anyways?"

I am looking forward to interning in the Bio labs and getting to see things from the other side-as a student, I have previously done lab assignments for multiple classes, including Micro and A & P's 201 and 202. I am excited to get a different perspective on the department; I am even more excited to have the opportunity to do the research projects that are available as part of the S-STEM program and to actively practice the discipline of science.

I love learning and welcome each new opportunity with welcome arms. I am looking forward to getting to know each of you in a professional capacity. Cheers!

PS: Here's a well-known pic of the human whose example has inspired me since my childhood to question what I am told, always remain inquisitive and skeptical of the status quo, and never be afraid to endure hardship in the quest to acquire knowledge and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment