Translate

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Semester Four, Week 1-Welcome Back!

Hello! Welcome back to my blog!

I am so glad to be back this semester, for my final S-STEM enrollment. I have hit the home stretch of this amazing experience, and shortly after it ends I will be heading off to ASU to complete my degree.

For the rest of this semester, though, I will be focused on compiling my project data into a coherent narrative that presents the work I have done in this program. I will still be setting up experiments, where necessary, to collect additional data, but most of my time this session you will likely find me buried in a notebook or on my laptop.

Feel free, though, to stop by and say hello. And if you are new to S-STEM, don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you have about anything. I'm here to help whenever I can.

See you in the lab!

Photo credit: FLICKR/NIAID

Here, a fractured Vero cell provides a view into a vacuole, which houses a growing cluster of Coxiella burnetii. This form of bacteria can cause Q fever, a bacterial infection that affects the heart, liver, lungs and other organs.

1 comment: