Translate

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Week 11, Semester 2-A Much-Needed Break

Hello! Last week, I was able to join our fellow scholars and faculty advisors for a welcome bit of rest and relaxation on our first field trip of the semester. We piled into the van and headed for Dreamy Draw Park and Recreation Area to hunt for an (alleged) alien crash site, do a little hiking and geo-caching, and eat lunch courtesy of Phoenix College. Who knew exercise and getting a sunburn could be so fun?

Even though the nearest Starbucks drive-through was miles away, somehow we managed to have a great time, use GPS, and learn about ephemeral desert washes before the day was over. No alien life forms were spotted, but somehow it didn't matter when I looked around at the smiling faces of this semester's team of scholars and faculty and realized once again how lucky I am to be part of this crew. It saddens me to think that another semester has almost come and gone, and before long this program, for me, will have concluded.

Next week I will pick up my research again, and begin drafting this semester's research paper. Until then, please enjoy these candid pics from our outing.




No comments:

Post a Comment