Translate

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Week 14-Research On Hold

Today is the final week of activities for this course, so any further research is on hold until the summer session begins. I have plans to repeat my methodology and protocols, double-checking calculations to see if I can determine what errors occurred that resulted in sheared DNA.

For the remainder of this week, I will be busy presenting at the Estrella Mountain conference, completing my research paper, and doing a brief oral presentation on my project for the other S-STEM scholars and Bio-Sciences department staff.

I was briefly disappointed, when I realized that my research to-date had been unsuccessful, but I very quickly got over it. I now view the project as incomplete, instead of failed, and will strive to complete it prior to the beginning of the fall semester. While I wait for a continuation, here is something for you to enjoy- My gels should have been horizontally banded like this image (minus the coloration), but were not:

Credit: www.helys-dna.com

No comments:

Post a Comment