Translate

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Week 11-Semester 3

Hello! And welcome back.

There has been an ongoing issue these last couple of weeks with getting access to the thermocycler, so any plans to proceed with my project are on hold until that runs its course. My project has progressed to the point where all I need to do is collect data from PCRs so that I can evaluate the various primers I am using to amplify DNA; without the ability to run PCRs, all I can do is repeat what I have already done with extractions and basic lab methodology. Therefore, I have no data or conclusions to report this week.

This is actually a propitious development, as we are now nearing the last four weeks of the semester, the time when we all get slammed by course work. So although I am saddened that I cannot run reactions this week, I have instead been able to re-direct that time towards catching up assignments. This extra time is also providing a bit of relief for me because this has been my busiest semester to-date. Between the various jobs I have and the demands of academia, I have had about three days off total this entire semester. But lest one think that I am complaining, let it be known that I am grateful to be able to go to school and grateful to be in the S-STEM program.

That's it until I have some data to report. Have an Excellent Week!

P.S. Here is a picture for you, just because puppies always make people happy:
Photo credit: www.hdwallpapersinn.com

 




No comments:

Post a Comment